You must be logged in to see the Speed Run Submission Form and Speed Run Video Upload Form in the sidebar to the right of this page.
If this is your first submission, or if you are having difficulties logging in please read Check in here first. Player 2, Player 3, and Player 4 do not need to be registered at the site. It helps if they are registered as their name will show on the News Post, but it is not necessary they maintain a HSH account. All Speed Run submissions are held in a ‘Pending’ queue and will be posted after being cleared by a HSH Verifier.
Speed Run Proper Name and Video Title
Before proceeding with your submission you must generate a Speed Run Proper Name. This is used for the Post Excerpt, Title, CSS Feed, forum post title, internal sorting, the YouTube video title and in various other places. It is extremely important to use the correct format. Try to use the exact spelling and format of the Mission names as you see them in the main navigation. For example, The Pillar of Autumn CE, or The Pillar of Autumn Reach. Please use full names like Assault on the Control Room, and not use abbreviations like AotCR. [items in braces are optional]
Game Mission [# Player] Difficulty “in” Time (hh:mm:ss) “by” Runner [, Runner 2, 3, 4]
Halo 2 Uprising Legendary in 2:06 by scurty
Halo: Reach Exodus SLASO in 20:11 by RC Master
Halo 2 Uprising 2 Player Normal in 2:16 by Oracle, Raigns
If you are submitting video the Video Title must also be generated so we can easily link the video to your Speed Run post. Video Titles are are very similar to the Speed Run Proper Name but do not use the Game name, must not contain any spaces, and the time field uses - instead of :
Speed Run Submission
Fill in all areas of the Speed Run Submission Form and select the Submit My Speed Run button.
- Title. Use the Speed Run Proper Name, or suggest a title of your own.
- Content may include the following: A description of the run in your own words including any new tricks, glitches, or shortcuts used. The exact name of the video file if you used the Speed Run Video Upload tool, or FTP, to upload your Speed Run. If you wish to link to the speed run on your own YouTube account you may do so here. Navigate to the speed run video on your YouTube channel and press the Share button. Copy and paste the provided link. Include the following in the content area “This speed run is also available for viewing on SnipedaWhoOp’s YouTube channel”.
- Speed Run Proper Name as stated above.
- Select the Mission from the drop-down list.
- Time in h:mm:ss format. Use 9:46, not 0:09:46.
- Speed Run Link - Halo 4, Halo CE, Halo 2 This section will change as Halo Waypoint features are updated. If you uploaded the original speed run video file using a file hosting service provide the download link here. Original video capture files are best. I have unlimited bandwidth so don’t worry about file size.
- Speed Run Link - Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST Place the video of your run in your File Share and send a XBL MSG to runNOKYARDrun stating the name of your run video. I will respond when i grab the film out of your File Share. There is no need to place links to captured video here.
- Speed Run Link - Halo Reach Place the link to the Saved Film of your speed run in your Halo Reach File Share on Halo Waypoint. There is no need to place links to captured video here.
Please note: The Speed Run Video Upload tool in the sidebar does not feature a progress bar. You may see messages like “Connecting…” or “Contacting HSH” while the upload is actually in progress. Please be patient, you will see a green Success message once the upload is complete. Do not submit a Speed Run while your video is uploading as it may cancel the upload. Upload the video first, then submit your Speed Run.
There are 2 ways to submit video.
- Place the Saved Film of the Speed Run in your File Share (keep it there until your run is posted). File Shares are back up! They are handled slightly differently than Bungie’s version and linking file assets from the carnage Report is no longer available. Submit your runs in the usual way, but the link box has been changed from “Bungie.net Carnage Report Link” to “Halo Waypoint File Share” link.
- Upload the video to a file hosting service. Place the file download link in the Speed Run Link field of the submission form.
- NO LONGER SUPPORTED – Encode the video in SD or HD with the Bungie Pro Rendered Video service. Download the Video to your computer, change the name to the proper Video Title (keep the .wmv extension), upload the video using the Speed Run Video Upload tool in the sidebar. The HSH staff will download your video, convert it to h.264, and upload it to the YouTube account.
- NO LONGER SUPPORTED (but may be supported at a later date) -Capture and upload your own video (small files <200MB). Be sure to use the proper Video Title. upload the video using the Speed Run Video Upload tool in the sidebar. We prefer 720p HD 16:9 .mp4 Widescreen video but you may submit lower quality if you wish. If possible please upload the full quality direct capture file from your capture device (any format) and we will properly encode (if necessary) before uploading to the YouTube channel. A local copy of your original video may be available for viewing prior to YouTube upload so this may be the fastest way to have your Speed Run seen.
- NO LONGER SUPPORTED (but may be supported at a later date) - Upload video files with a FTP Client (large files 200MB to 2GB). Be sure to use the proper Video Title. We prefer 720p HD 16:9 .mp4 Widescreen. If possible please upload the full quality direct capture file from your HD capture device (any format) and we will properly encode (if necessary) before uploading to the YouTube channel. A local copy of your original video may be available for viewing prior to YouTube upload. Uploading with FTP: For those not familiar, FTP is the fastest, safest, surest way to transfer files. All you need is a FTP client like FileZilla or FireFTP for Firefox.
- Install FireFTP.
- Restart Firefox.
- Go to ‘Tools/FireFTP’.
- When the FTP windows opens click: ‘Create an Account’.
- Under the ‘Main’ tab Account Name= Speed Run Uploads, this is for your reference only.
- Under the ‘Connection’ tab be sure Passive Mode and Security: None are selected.
- Click ‘Connect’
Navigate to the video file of your run in the left window, drag and drop your run’s movie file into the large window in the right window, or press the green ‘Right’ arrow. A progress bar should show up; this will tell you how long your file will take to upload. When it finishes DON’T PANIC you will NOT be able to see your file in the right browser window, please don’t upload it again; the directory you are uploading into is not available for public viewing so it will appear to have vanished. You can check if your video uploaded properly by selecting HSH News on the front page. The Upload list will be at the bottom.
We must have the original film of your speed run (by File Share or original video capture) in order to verify your speed run. You may provide links to the video on your YouTube account as noted in the “Speed Run Submission / Content” section and we will will display your video in the news post prior to verification. All runs, posted or not, will be considered unverified until the original video capture (not re-encoded) is supplied for verification. This includes all Halo 4 speed runs.