Zero Shot runs for Halo 3 are the same as normal runs, but with a couple extra rules:
- Grenades and Melees ONLY.
- Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer and Equipment are fully allowed.
- Must be Legendary Single Player.
- Campaign Scoring must be turned on.
- There can be no deaths (we no longer require the Iron skull to be turned to allow these records to be considered for the regular table as well).
- You may drive vehicles, but cannot shoot them yourself. You may have a marine or elite in your gunner seat who is shooting.
Special Rule: Due to the reasons stated in this forum post we consider the Killing of 343 Guilty Spark during the Halo Mission to be an “Active Cut Scene” and not part of regular game play. Therefore the shooting of 343 Guilty Spark will be allowed for a Zero Shot Halo run.
Here is an excellent sample of a Zero Shot Speed Run.